Thursday, 22 December 2016

Formal X Casual Christmas Wish List



How are you all doing?
I find this year time flies so unbelievably fast and suddenly in a few days will be Christmas.
Does anyone of you have all of the gifts wrapped under the fab Christmas tree? Or perhaps some of you prefer to buy last-minute gifts? Some might wait until the sale started and some people do not even bother to celebrate Christmas.

Me personally, when I was living in Indonesia, I didn't celebrate it.
But of course since I moved to Switzerland, I am also taking part of this Christmas activities. What I could say the difference between Christmas celebration in Indonesia and Switzerland is that in Switzerland is rather tradition instead of religious festive. Everyone, doesn't matter from which religion you are, are taking part of this celebration. It is the time to gather with your family, friends and beloved ones. Time to reunite, looking back what we have done or simply to give nice goodies.
Speaking of nice goodies, year-end is the time when I give myself a treat.
Doesn't have to be pricey, but sometimes it can take some digits from my account *sigh*
This year I have so many favorite things and made my wish list become longer than ever!
In December usually I have a few Christmas events, both formal and casual dress code. So let me just share with you my wish list, they are classified for formal as well as casual.


Formal Look

1. Lanvin - Kristin Choker here
Some of you might have known my obsession with statement necklace. Look at this unique design from Lanvin. Every detail of it speaks for fabulous! The choker would be great companion with dress for elegant look, yet it would still stand out for collarless top with casual trousers.

2. Esprit - One Shoulder Lace Dress here
For special occasion such as Christmas dinner or New Year’s Eve I prefer to wear dress. This year Esprit releases one shoulder lace dress. It's difficult to resist one shoulder dress because it gives some boost of feminine side. Combination of lace in floral print as outer material and jersey as inner material makes this dress comfortable for my long evening. There is also anti-slide band which makes the dress stays perfectly on the body.

3. Elisabetta Franchi - Fringe Clutch here
Another Italian brand that I fall in love with this year. Statement seems the motto of this brand, each product has the statement factor and this clutch, a pure statement! The clutch can be carried both in hand or on the shoulders with chain. I love how red and blue fringe give the special touch in such a small clutch. If you want to be the center of attention, this fringe clutch is the key!

4. Gucci - Horsebit Watch here
Always adore watch collections from Gucci, it's an item that you would wear from day to midnight and so effortlessly chic. The case made of stainless steel with 12 diamonds and white mother-of-pearl dial. Since I have small wrists, such a watch would be the perfect choice.

5. YSL - Rouge Pour Couture Satin Radiance Lipstick Orange Ardent here
What's party without red lips? I have special connection with red lipstick and the shade from YSL is so luxurious, would give glam touch for any kind of occasion. From my experience with YSL lipsticks, they don’t dry my lips and not to mention the elegant casing. Something you always want to carry in your purse. 

6. Esprit - Multifunction Straps Lace Bra here
Doesn't matter how fancy your asymmetric dress is, if you don't wear the right strapless bra...it will be such a disaster. Therefore, choose the right one that will support your body the whole day or evening.
I find every woman needs to have multifunction bra in her closet such as this multifunction straps lace bra from Esprit. The straps could be worn as conventional,  cross, halter neck or strapless. Outer material is lace in black with padded cups in nude color, so versatile for many occasions.

7. Tom Ford - Eye Quad Honeymoon here
Tom Ford is not only known for eyewear, clothes and bags but also the luxury cosmetics. There many luxurious cosmetics on the market but only some which are really equal the price. I have one eye quad from Tom Ford and I must say, it was worth to have! Not only great pigmentation but also long lasting even in the heat almost reaching 40 degrees Celsius! I am putting this eye quad Honeymoon on my list because the shades are simply irresistible. I love the color combinations with shimmer and matte in one package. Another highlight is the two custom applicators that would maximize the glamorous result.

8. Esprit - Tricolor Ring here
I do not use rings often, but I make some exceptions for rings with unique design such as this tricolor ring from Esprit. It contains of five rings with three different tones; gold, white and rose gold nuance. The ring partly plated in 18 Karat rose and yellow gold and accessorized with cubic zirconia. I just love how versatile this ring is, I could practically wear it from casual to formal occasion.

9. Christian Louboutin - Victorina Veau Velours here
The name that every shoes lover always adore. Check out how these shoes give the vamp factor on your look. The design is so sleek yet glamorous. The material is suede in dark blue with flame details and pointed-toe. The heels are 10 cm, the kind of ideal heels for party. Be different with statement heels, ladies!


Casual Look



1. Tory Burch - Surrey Rose Gold Bracelet / Ivory Dial here
Never hesitate to wear some unusual design such as this watch from Tory Burch. I love the slim cut and how stylish the watch is. With the shape of classic lock made of rose gold tone stainless steel for classic elegant look. The cut and the color is so timeless which is something I always go for.
2. Esprit - Poncho with Faux Fur Collar here
It is never too much to add another poncho to my wardrobe, with the addition of faux fur on collar detail, this Poncho from Esprit stole my heart immediately. Some might find it difficult to wear poncho during autumn, but as long as you wear warm layers underneath this won’t be an issue. The grey color is easily to combine with many other colors. I find the length of this poncho is ideal, with detachable faux fur as an added value.
3. Hourglass - Modernist Eyeshadow Palette Plums here
Who's the victim of cute packaging like me, raise your hand! I fell in love with this eye palette from Hourglass when I saw it on Instagram. It’s amazing how each of the shade compliment the others, with seamless color transition. The shades are neutral for daily use in metallic and matte. It can be also applied wet for more party look. Unfortunately we don't have it yet in Switzerland, but I am very keen to have it, isn't it gorgeous?
4. Max & Co. - Knit Gloves with Fringe here
I have lost many gloves during winter, almost every year. I wish I could find the way to prevent of losing them. Well this factoid doesn't prevent me to put these cute gloves from Max & Co. on my wish list. The color blocking in navy blue and crème with fringe detail. The unique part of these gloves, you could fold them and it would give totally another look.

5. Laura Mercier - Lip Glacé Black Cherry here
Red lips are getting more and more becoming my trade mark, this year is the record for me to have so many lipsticks. But the word 'enough' doesn't exist when it is dealing with lipstick, especially the dark cherry shade like this lip glacé from Laura Mercier. What I love from Laura Mercier lip glacé is not only make my lips fuller but it’s also a non-sticky lip gloss. The shade goes well also for all of skin tones.

6. Buffallo - Over knees Boots Red Wine here
We are all agree that over knee boots are so beloved since last year. I practically use over knees regardless if they are trending or not. During winter my knees are often cold so over knees are the perfect solution. Of course if I could get in red wine just like these over knees from Buffalo, it would have even been better! Made of suede with 6cm block heels, these boots are so ideal for daily activities.

7. Esprit - Artwork Cross Body Bag here
Lately I am so into cross body bag, especially when I go out to have my coffee klatch with my friends. I am still trying to carry less things in my bag and to 'practice' this new habit I like to wear cross body bag. Pay attention of the cut off detail of this cross body bag from Esprit, I also adore the royal blue touch that makes it so trendy. The size is small yet it is optimal to carry my daily essentials. Just like its name this bag reminds me a lot of an artwork.

8. Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation here I wear quite often foundation. I tend to choose light foundation for my daily make up routine and the quality is something I always demand. I have read a lot of positive feedback from Giorgio Armani foundation but still have no chance to try it myself, since I still have one third of my current foundation. This foundation is for light until medium coverage, ideal for daily wear and what I have read it will give the silky result. The best thing is, it is available in 30ml size and also in travel size 18ml. It is always important to invest for the great quality of foundation, I wish this will be on my cosmetic cabinet very soon.

9. Esprit - Stretch Trousers With Faux Leather here When it's dealing with clothes, I only have a few leather items. From time to time I like to add leather to my look. These trousers will give some added value for my winter collection; the combination jersey on the back with faux leather on the front side will keep the outfit away from boredom. The skinny cut makes it easy to wear them with over knees or any kind of boots.

10. Esprit - Sweater with Wool and Alpaka here Some of you might agree that you don't want to compromise with the weather in Switzerland during winter. Check out this sweater from Esprit, the turtleneck gives extra warmth against the cold wind and what I love is that the cut is feminine and not baggy. It will work both for casual and classic looks. So such a warm cozy sweater will be my BFF!


What do you think of those looks above?
Who knows that they might inspire you for the last-minute gift ideas!
Merry Christmas to you!
 

Ika

No comments :

Post a Comment