Sunday, 25 September 2016

Santa Margherita Ligure

Dress: H&M ¦ Sandals: Hermès ¦ Bag: Tory Burch

I have been meaning to post this trip couple of weeks ago after my short getaway to Italy, however many things came up and I kept postponed it. So here we are.




This time we chose to go to Santa Margherita Ligure, Genoa. We drove there, it was around 3 hours from Swiss border. After missed the exit and took us around more than ten minutes to turn around and reach the right exit. Instead of staying at the hotel, we used airbnb service. It was the first time for us to use airbnb and I must say, it was great!



The idea of going for holiday with little kid is somehow made me panic. Yes, I am the kind of person who asks myself, "What if.." too often. When we finally made our way there, it was such a nice feeling. I was so happy to have the entire apartment for ourselves. The highlights for me: washing machine and kitchen!
Because you will never know what your daughter would spill to her clothes and because I could prepare Rania's food and drinks easily in the kitchen.

 


 
Our apartment was located nearby the beach. It was quiet and very practical to reach bakery, mini market, pharmacy and of course beach!
I love to explore the streets and the local shops everytime I travel. I believe that the way one nation trade reveals their real character. This activity does make me relax.
What I love about Italy is, I could always find good food and good coffee wherever I go.
My so-called the best lunch was at one of the local restaurants not so far from where we stayed. Such an exciting feeling to find 'hidden local restaurant' with winning taste.


 
We were lucky that the weather was great during our trip. There was only one day where we had cloudy day, the rest of the days were so bright. For this trip, I couldn't pack many clothes. In fact, I had to share the suitcase with Rania's stuffs. At the beginning it was hard to do (and believe!). Now I am starting to get used to it. Due to very limited space, I packed some multifunction stuffs. There are so many tips from great mommies out there about how to pack your stuffs perfectly for travelling, but I only apply one thing: pack clothes that I do not need to iron :D

 

 
One of the outfits I wore during my vacation was this blue boho style from H&M.
We are all agree that this dress was big hit from H&M. See how the unique front detail and how the difference length level between back and front create flowy effect. With this dress, no additional accessories needed, the dress itself is a statement. So I just added simple yet sleek items such as Oran sandals from Hèrmes and shopper bag from Tory Burch.
I used this dress twice in Italy, I just can't get enough of it!
Anyone of you has also this cult dress? Share with me!
 

Ika

6 comments :

  1. Italy is so dreamy
    Love the dress...
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Ika! Sounds like you had a lovely time. The dress from H&M looks so nice on you and goes so well with your Hermes sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is so pretty! And I love that AirBnB apartment! I think once you had a family, better to rent a house while you travelling because we can save lot's of money :D

    swingingpadma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfit is simple yet attractive. Love it!
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool place to visit with friends, kids or family. You posted really nice pics. I am planning to go Italy in august. Can you suggest me some private holiday home and rentals in Italy and liguriea.
    vakantiehuizen Ligurië

    ReplyDelete