Friday, 17 June 2016

Spring for Summer





Gigi Burris Endless Ete Summer Raffia Hat

The word 'summer' seems so far away in case you are living in Switzerland. We are having bad weather here and it is quite depressing. I wish I were somewhere exotic with warm weather and my lightest clothes.
 
Since the rain is pouring almost the whole day, my browsing activity is going up. What I have found recently on the internet is Spring, the fashion company based in NYC. When my finger hit the their accessories shop, I was amazed. More than 800 brands to choose, am I sensing the SoHo vibe here? I have always such a long wishlist and now by checking those brands my list is getting longer!
Just because I am so keen to spend the time on the beach, let me share to you my Spring wishlist:
 
The summer hat on the photo above stole my heart immediately. Such an elegant cut and effortlessly chic. Stylish hat for summer is a must this year. Everytime I see this hat, my mind wonder to the golden year of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly where elegance was woman's secret weapon.
 

 
Is it too much to say: Skip your bikini and put on your one piece?
I am so grateful that one piece is transformed so beautifully. Check out this Ali from Flagpole Swim. Asymmetric and cut out at the same time? Couldn't ask for more.
 
Although this year the round sunglasses are the favorite but I know exactly the very round shades don't fit to my face. Instead, my eyes roll on these beauties from Balenciaga. They are oversized (my favorite!), round yet still showing some edges with sleek design.


I have always wanted to have super mini purse which I could attach my keys and perhaps put some coins inside. Whenever I go to the beach, I just want to carry less things and having one functional item with fresh color is as well as a bonus!



We do all agree that caftan is very trendy lately. If you would like to be the truly beach babe then check out this assymetrical caftan from Del Mar by Berjheny. Love how the assymetrical part fall elegantly.
All eyes on you!
In summer I always have this dilemma that I want to have nice flipflops and at the same time feel comfortable to walk on the beach. Unfortunately in the past there were not so many options for stylish beach flipflops. I have spotted a pair from Isa Tapia, pay attention on the metal elements makes the sandals look edgier. They would be indeed my new BFF.

What's summer without beach bag? I always love the idea to elevate beach bag with unusual element such as ethnic prints. This beach bag from Maaji catched my eyes immediately. It's the answer for the search of chic tribal print beach bag.
 
How about you? Share with me your beach style wishlists!
 
 
Ika

5 comments :

  1. I'm such a summer girl so I loved this post!! xo
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great selection! I really love the sunglasses, thanks for sharing!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love interesting swimsuit idea!

    Betty
    www.elisette.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of Spring before, they have some lovely summer pieces. I can imagine you looking great in that caftan!

    ReplyDelete