Sunday, 24 April 2016

Coachella Vibes and My Concert Story

Guerilla During Coachella


Oversized Round Sunglasses ¦ Lime Crime Bleached Velvetine Liquid Lipstick ¦
Signorina Eleganza Eau de Parfum by Salvatore Ferragamo ¦ Benefit Hoola Zero Tanlines All Over Body Bronzer ¦
Seafolly Goddess Bandeau Bikini Top ¦ Pocahontas Shorts ¦ Casetify I Will Meet You at Coachella ¦
Plein Sud Fringed Waistcoat ¦ Kate Spade Lookout Glasses Ring ¦ Pom Pom Sandals ¦
Marc Jacobs Jean Blue Cross Body Bag ¦ Retro Punk Blue Evil Eye Ring ¦ Kate Spade New York Crystal Flower Ring ¦ 
 
Who doesn't know Coachella?
This event is very happening since it was founded by Paul Tollett in 1999. An annual 'must seen' gig for many people including long lists of celebrities, who are taking part as the attendees.
With different kinds of music genre such as rock, electronic dance music, indie or hip hop, Coachella made its way to be worth waiting for.


For this post, I will not 'analyise' or giving you some tips for open air concerts. So many bloggers did these things already. I just would like to share my personal experiences from watching concerts.
Back in the days, I used to attend a lot of concerts in my home town, Medan in Indonesia.
It was during 90's where rock, grunge, alternative and brit pop were on top of the mountain!
It was the period where Tim Bergling was not known as Avicii and Lana del Rey wasn't even a famous singer at that time.
Those were the moments where we were crazy about Incubus, Guns 'N Roses, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Creed and soooo many more.
Yup, they are my favorite bands.

Usually I went to the concerts with my best friends.
But please don't imagine that I went to the hyped concerts like Coachella, where Kendall Jenner and her sister hang out and make tons of selfies. Please also don't imagine that Orlando Bloom wearing his tenun ikat pants walking arond and if you get lucky, he might smile at you.
Just don't.
Most of the concerts I attended were local underground concerts.
No celebrities, definitely not hyped gigs.
Most of the people looked wierd regardless what kind of music genre they 'worship'. Some of them had typical punk hair style, the black metal groups looked so gloomy and made the strange crowd, the cheerful parts perhaps only from brit pop guys and they looked also cleaner than the others. I wasn't exaggerate to write this because sometimes I also saw few guys that stink as if they didn't shower for few days. And yes, I was a part of those crowds.

My outfit was also way far from being stylish. Forget about Hermès sandals or Chloé cross body bag. Tshirt, jeans and the cheapest sandals were so-called my 'fashion essentials'. I didn't even wore any bag, simply small wallet that I could just tuck in my jeans pocket. I went to the concert without any make up, only baby powder on my face skin, sometimes I even forget to comb my hair!
Okay ladies, at that time I didn't know how to dress myself, I didn't even have blog and Instagram was not even launched until 2010. What I cared about were being with my best friends, attending concerts, sing our favourite metal songs, sometimes also watching some battle dance or skateboard performances during the concerts.

But I could say, it was the best time of my life!
The moments where I felt so free. Literally.
Free to enjoy the sound of distorted guitar, free to laugh so loud with my besties over quirky performances or strange smelly guys, free to let go of the emotions, feelings through rock music.
No selfies, no Instagram or Facebook.
I was concentrated to listen to music and no distraction from the innovation called Smart Phone, not to worry of being 'ugly' or captured on silly moments on the mobile camera, moreover those were moments where I didn't have to worry of people's comments on social media.
Those moments will always be missed. Even until now.
How about you? Do you have also memorable concert stories that you can't forget?
Share with me how you style yourself for the concert!


Ika
 

6 comments :

  1. Maybe, in the future i'll be There. But today it is only a dream !!
    Great post
    Kisses
    Marina
    http://www.sweetlavanda.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean when you say the best time of your life...
    great memories
    kisses
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean when you say the best time of your life...
    great memories
    kisses
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've been to some pretty cool concerts

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!! thanks for sharing your experience!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading this post. You sure have some experience in attending concerts. Those local concerts have their own charm & I too enjoy it here in my country.

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete