Monday, 8 June 2015

Random Thoughts

Dress: H&M, Shoes: Högl, Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Necklace: FiliNi

Today I do not share fashion post, the photos are from our day trip to Brunnen. Unfortunately Rania was sleeping almost the whole trip, we didn't have chance to capture the moments.
 
I have some thoughts lately.
I realize that the last two years I was too busy working.
Sometimes I worked long hours in December when we have renewal period for the clients or when I have to do business trips preparation for my boss.
My social life at that time was only to meet my friends for coffee, maybe sometimes lunch.
After long hours at the office, I slept long on the weekend.
 

Chicken in the Basket


 
It's been more than 4 months that I stay at home during maternity leave. My routine is turning upside down. On one side I am happy to be able to take care of Rania and have enough time to play with her, seeing her growing, which I will always appreciate.
On the other hand, I kind of miss to work and doing my daily tasks. I even sometimes missing to speak in German at work (which is rare, since I prefer to speak English instead of German). German languange is always bonding with my school time and office hours. Although I live in Switzerland and work in Zurich, I still kind of set the border to use German only at work most of the time and also for daily things such as going to supermarket etc.
 
These are 'fake' ducks! :D
They are always there 24/7 and sometimes the real ducks are swimming with them too. Cute!


Little mermaid is watching over 'fake' ducks while taking care of her hair





Mocca Frappe!
 
The thoughts in my head do not want to vanish, even worse.
Some issues happened lately at the company, of course they are good progressive things. The company is growing more and more. However, some ideas -not bad ideas- tickled in my head. These random thoughts came suddenly and produced inquiries everyday.
I had no choice but to discuss them directly with my boss. I was quite nervous before the meeting.
Luckily, he understands my condition very well. I am glad that I have addressed my concerns.
Although the solutions will not be applied in the soonest time, at least the discussion worth the try.
Another thought which strikes me lately too, perhaps I will be like a 'new' employee again after being at home for six months. I hope I could adapt myself again very quickly.
Is there any of you who had this kind of experience after maternity leave? Do share with me!
 
 
 
 
Wishing you all good week ahead!

Ika

16 comments :

  1. I love your dress Ika, it fits you perfectly, you and J are such a stylish couple! Brunnen is beautiful, we once did a lovely hiking trail from there called " The Swiss Path" - you must do that with Rania when she is a bit older :) I can't believe that it's been 4 months already, the time went by so quickly. Hope the discussion with your boss went well, I am so sure you will fit right in and adapt quickly once you are back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is BEAUTIFUL and Fab''' :)

    Bisous from France,
    *-* Sand. *-*

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you paired that dress with the booties!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely words and cute pictures! I hope you find a solution for all your thoughts and worries.

    x Stefanie
    http://www.thefashionrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you miss work ;-) I can understand that. I hope everything will turn out well for you Ika. I never had a maternity leave. So I can share my thoughts about that. You're also wearing a total stripes look. Great minds think alike :D Wish you a happy Tuesday sweetie!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely dress - I've been a lot into stripes recently! :)

    Denina
    Purely Me by Denina Martin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I understand you miss work, all that random thoughts in your head are the result of your little worries
    Just enjoy the time with your daughter now that you're free from work...
    I love your striped dress and the landscape is gorgeous, I know Switzerland a little but I've never been to Brunnen
    kisses, wish you a great week
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I understand you miss work, all that random thoughts in your head are the result of your little worries
    Just enjoy the time with your daughter now that you're free from work...
    I love your striped dress and the landscape is gorgeous, I know Switzerland a little but I've never been to Brunnen
    kisses, wish you a great week
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stripes, beautiful as always.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stripe dress, it's such a classic! Beautiful pictures too!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos! The dress is beautiful :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/ NEW OOTD POST

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kak Ika♥

    First: The chicken looks yummy. I'm glad I read this post before Ramadhan haha

    Second: I haven't took maternity leave but I rarely took my annual leave because I'm felt uncomfortable to think about the job I leave in office. I work outside office for more than a weeks and everyday I checked to office to make sure everything runs smoothly. Maybe I must learn to be more relax haha...But I think this time is a glorious time for you to spent with Rania :))

    Third: I really want your stripe dress!! The H&M in my town don't have that collection :(. The dress is so pretty and suits you well ♥

    Have a nice day and salam for Rania :))

    Padma♥
    SWINGINGPADMA



    SWINGINGPADMA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that dress! So chic and perfect for walking around in pretty Zurich! :)
    http://www.zukiniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice and cute dress :)

    http://www.morefashion4u.com/maxi-full-skirt/

    ReplyDelete

  15. Amazing post dear, so interesting! Have a lovely day:-)


    http://anatkoren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete