Sunday, 1 February 2015

The Gift From God



It was at 3 o'clock in the morning on 24th January when I woke up suddenly from my deep sleep.
Such a great pain attacked my body, especially the tummy area, where my baby were. It was so painful, I sat immediately on the side of the bed.
J, my husband, woke up and asked whether everything is fine.
"I think I'm having contractions."

That was the most proper answer I gave him, although I had no idea, how contractions really felt. No clue or whatsoever. I just remembered my midwife mentioned that contraction feels like the pain when the monthly cycle comes. But this pain, they were way worse than when menstruation comes.

I started to prepare my passport, blood card and other documents. Those documents are the requirements from the hospital. One bag has been prepared with my clothes and the baby. J got out of the bed, we talked shortly and I asked him to go back to sleep. I didn't see any reason why he had to be awake too. Perhaps later when the time comes, I will need him more to drive me to the hospital.
My eyes attracted me to go back to sleep.
I tried to lay down. It was a bad idea.
Then I tried to sleep while sitting. Again, such a bad bad idea.
The only thing that I could do was walking. I walked in the living room while counting the contractions with contractions counter app (yup, you can download this nowadays!). The contractions came around eight until ten minutes.

Around 6 o'clock J woke up. After took shower, we prepared to go to hospital. I called the hospital first and let one of the midwife that we will drop by for the check up. She initiated that I might have to go back home and take bath to reduce the pain. At that time I just want to be at the hospital regardless what the midwife says. Being at home without knowing what is going on was the real torture.
We drove to hospital, the pain was getting worse. My estimation the pain was around two until three minutes. When the midwife checked the cervix, she looked surprised and said,
"You are no more allowed to go home, the baby will be born today."
I was so surprised to hear that, somehow didn't know how to react.
Too confused and happy at the same time.

J went home to pick up the bag. After the check up, they started to move me into the labour around 11 o'clock. The process of the delivery was around four hours.
The longest four hours in my life.
Since I did not want to use any anaesthesia during the delivery, the pain was (almost) unbearable!
At 15:11 my princess was finally born.
Rania Jade
That's how we call her. She was born with 3,420 gramm and 48 cm. The moment when I held her in my arms was unforgettable. I couldn't believe that she is finally there, she looks so pretty and healthy. J and I are overjoyed with our little princess.
She is definitely the most beautiful thing in my life.
The gift from God.

Ika

10 comments :

  1. Cute :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m in love with your blog It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. always love reading your posts dear! have a great day ahead gorgeous ♥ ♥

    http://contemporaryboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice blog with fantastic pics! The socks of your baby are so lovely:)
    Have a nice week dear,
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute <3

    http://denisedeassis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing story! You must be really, really happy with your man and little princess! Congratulation!


    http://hautehardy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birth story is very special Ika, I am still in awe of how you did it without ANY pain relief - super woman ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! keep posting about the lil princess!
    xoxo
    cocktails and catwalk
    www.cocktailsandcatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to see my cute little princess cousin ♥ wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a touching story, my dear...congrats
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete